Business Development Representative
We're looking for a strong Business Development Representative to join our team in North America and become an integral part of our Sales function.
- Effectively managing inbound lead queue; following up on marketing-driven leads
- Researching and identifying prospect companies who will benefit from our service and data products; developing and executing strategies for outbound prospecting via email, cold calling, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and any other means relevant
- Speaking with provided and self-sourced prospects to discuss potential needs and how WGSN would be beneficial to them
- Utilizing good discovery tactics and questions in a consultative sales style
- Qualify leads for the sales team so that they can demonstrate WGSN to its full potential and identify how this will be an essential tool for the customer’s business
- Ensuring that once meetings are booked, relevant research and information is translated to the sales people so that they are set up for success in their meetings
- Meet weekly and monthly qualified call, meeting and opportunity goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Learn and maintain extensive knowledge of market/industry trends, developments, WGSN customers, competitors, and products; building expertise towards being able to tell the WGSN story while pitching WGSN value
- Working closely with the marketing team on lead generation and new business activities, including but not limited to events, email campaigns, social media
- Attending WGSN hosted events for marketing and other relevant networking events
- A motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Someone who is passionate about the prospect of delivering creative intelligence to new clients and helping them transform their business
- A flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills across general computer programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Previous B2B sales experience, preferably telephone sales, preferred
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be a plus
- Knowledge of our core industries such as fashion, food and drink, beauty, interiors is a plus
- Very strong knowledge of how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, etc)
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Experience working in an environment with Agile practices
- Experience working with product managers, designers, marketers, stakeholders
- Good understanding of how to work effectively with microservices and a service-oriented architecture
- In-depth knowledge of agile process and principles. You live agile, and know how to lead in agile, cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
This opportunity is ideal for an individual who is towards the beginning of their sales career, with 1-2 years of experience. We offer extensive training and clear career progression for successful individuals.
You will be focused on a variety of industries from across fashion apparel and accessories, home furnishings, CPG, travel and tourism, food and drink, durable goods, and entertainment. You will be interacting with SME to enterprise size companies.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?