We're looking for an Operations Executive (FTC) to join our team in London (Air Street) as part of our Events function.
The Operations Executive is responsible for speaker management for our Retail Week Live and World Retail Congress events, as well as support on our Retail Week Awards and Connect events.
- Primary logistics contact for 140+ speakers at World Retail Congress and 180+ speakers at Retail Week Live
- Work closely with our Chairman of World Retail Congress and our Programme Director of Retail Week Live to ensure you understand the programme
- Produce personalised speaker packs for each speaker, outlining their speaker requirements, deadlines, session details, venue information and expenses
- Produce the online speaker portal with general information and deadlines for the event, and manage any updates through the system back office
- Manage speaker presentations: ensure they are submitted via the speaker portal by the deadline date and upload them to our system for our content team to check and approve
- Liaise with our AV production team with presentations, technical requirements, and holding slides
- Manage speaker reimbursements: set speakers up on our payment system, raise purchase order numbers, ensure payment is made on time and keep track of the speaker budget with our content team
- Book travel and accommodation for speakers with expenses
- Manage the Speaker Lounge onsite at the events: answer queries, advise stage managers when speakers check-in, collect any updated presentations and ensure they are ready at the speaker’s stage for their session
- Work closely with our Senior Operations Manager to support on our in-person Connect Events: General Counsel, Retail 100 dinner and the Diversity Futures Summit
- Manage the invitations and RSVPs for the connect events
- Send joining instructions to RSVP’d attendees for the connect events
- Update the event team on a weekly basis with pending, confirmed and declined RSVPs for each event
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Self-starter with an ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Comfortable speaking with C-suite level attendees
- Knowledge of the retail sector is a benefit, but not essential
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?