We're looking for a Programme Manager to join our team in Dublin as part of our Client Services (Delivery Services) function.
You will be part of a cross functional Programme Management team. Joining a commercial Customer Growth Director and assigned Insights Managers & Data Analysts for each of the customer Programs you work on. As a Programme Manager you are responsible for implementation for our clients, driving action plans and accountability internally across all relevant functions. You will drive governance internally and externally ensuring consistency and transparency in communication and dialogue. You will drive the deployment and configuration of an Edge platform roll-out and interact with our product management team as required, feeding in customer requirements which inform our roadmap.
You will be client facing and will work with our customers and depending on capacity and the size and stage of the customer, you may run a number of programs or a combination of programs and projects in parallel. You will be joining our rapidly growing, Professional Services team. Experience in the eCommerce area or with SAAS deployments would be advantageous.
During the set-up and deployment phase for a new client, you will be:
- Working alongside the Customer Growth Director and the Insights Manager to confirm the Statement of Work (SOW), filling in any gaps and managing expectations with the client
- Working closely with the Operations teams to secure resources and appropriate scheduling against the agreed SOW
- Planning, scheduling and week on week, workload management and priority setting for assigned Data Analysts responsible for the software deployment
- Ensuring deployment is in line with SOW scope and working closely with Data Analysts to ensure quality standards have been met pre-release to the client
- Managing timely and accurate receipt of inputs from the customer in line with timeframes agreed in project plan
- Reporting weekly status to client and Edge management
- Acting as the key point of contact for the client, making appropriate judgement calls on escalations as required & quickly engaging the appropriate resources/functions for successful resolution
- Facilitating a smooth transition to the Edge delivery and support teams for ongoing maintenance of the client subscription
As the client platform is deployed and the subscription matures:
- Working closely with our Insights group to ensure product training needs are met as per SOW. Ensuring additional training and enablement needs are captured and our business consultancy services team are engaged at the appropriate times
- Capturing custom requirements/enhancements from the client and feeding these into our product management & engineering teams
- Implementing & driving adherence to a robust governance structure for decision making, priority calls and client led change requests so that these are scheduled & prioritised as custom or worked via the product roadmap. Reporting on these & ensuring visibility & clear communication both internally and externally to the client so that expectations are aligned
- Reporting weekly status to client and Edge management & making appropriate judgement calls on escalations as required
Post-deployment phase you will continue as a key point of contact for the client, supporting special projects as their needs mature. Depending on capacity and the size and maturity stage of the customer, you may run a number of programs or a combination of programs and projects in parallel. On an ongoing basis you will be the person who will:
- Advocate for the client internally as needed
- Driving Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with a keen eye to ongoing client success, upsell and renewal
- Provide relevant technical recommendations, guidance and planning on configuration and integrations specifics to fit customers’ business needs
- Maintain oversight across functions (set up, delivery, support, training, product management) to ensure execution and appropriate levels of support are in place. Proactive liaison and focal point into Edge Operations, Technical Support, Engineering and Product Management Teams, to address product feature/technical hurdles
- Proactively communicate to customers of software or algorithm changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies
- Provide proactive Communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption including escalation management
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent)
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development or Solutions Architecture, Technology Project Delivery
- Experience in dealing with large, tier one customers in a SaaS company
- Comfortable in dealing with IT systems
- eCommerce experience is an advantage
- Project and Programme Management experience
- Proven ability to manage remote teams in a highly complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Aptitude for both analysing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features
You are an experienced program, project or technical account manager, ideally with a formal project management certification, c.5 years’ experience, and a client facing background. You have a strong academic and career history, you do not need a software development background, but you are very familiar with the SDLC and /or Agile project delivery methodologies, are interested in technology, comfortable with using a variety of applications, and may have experience of data analysis tools.
You are likely to be working vendor side in a client facing role or held a similar position in the past. You are commercially minded, have led successful teams in the past, you are comfortable and confident interacting with senior executives and you love working directly with clients. You are super organised and have a strong track record on execution – you get stuff done! You are a great communicator with a can-do attitude and may have a background in e-commerce, marketing insights, data or CPG but we’re interested in people from all industries. You are mature and confident with the ability to judge a situation quickly and accurately and respond appropriately. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up culture where flexibility and the ability to wear a number of hats are valued. In advocating for the customer internally you will need to be a strong influencer who can drive performance within functions and with colleagues that may not have a direct reporting line to you. You are hands-on and detail oriented and have proven your ability to develop successful and lasting relationships with colleagues and clients.
In short, you are the leader of the team; the voice of the client within the organisation and the Edge representative to the client.
About the Team
Our Professional Services Team is responsible for creating value for Edge customers, enabling them to fully utilize the Edge platform to successfully impact their businesses and place a high value on the solution. This ties in with the Edge Professional Services Mission, which is to provide the best customer experience for our clients.
As a Programme Manager you will have responsibility for managing a number of key customers. Together with your partners in Customer Growth and Customer Operations.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Health Insurance – Laya Secure Plus
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension (On Passing Probation)
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?